Thanksgiving 2011, Alan put on his brave face and walked up to my grandfather, the one blessing that mattered to me (I knew he had mama’s blessing, as that one would have been pointed out in the beginning if she didn’t approve). I saw him walk out to sit and talk, and when he came in he jokingly, told me no blessing before revealing he had received it. It was no secret after that, we were getting married. Skip forward a few days and there we were, standing face to face reciting vows..
Today is our anniversary, although it feels like we’ve been together forever. I don’t remember a time in my life without him. He’s my rock and my nerd in aluminum foil. I never wanted a prince, i wanted him. For years i didn’t know it, relationships wouldn’t ever work out for one reason or another, and the day he showed up at my house in his Ebony (rip Ebony, you are missed) i knew i’d marry him, he just didn’t know that yet .
So, for our anniversary, i decided to put together a list of things that i love (other than the obvious)
- First and foremost… You are the best father and daddy to our children i ever could have asked for. You are father when you need to be, but otherwise you are the most fun loving piggy-back giving daddy in the world.
- You pinch my chin, and make my face turn red, still.
- You have the worlds bestest man-butt.
- My hand fits perfectly in yours.
- You tickle me, just to see me smile.
- You play with my hair when you can’t sleep, because you know i won’t fully fall asleep while you do it, so you get tired and can fall asleep with me.
- You make hilarious imitations of me, often.
- You make fart jokes.. Alot and i know it’s just to get a smile
- You get the nerdy weird humor behind, “your face… and Your mom”
- You know just where to kiss me
- Your hands fit perfectly on my hips
- You let me sleep on your arm, curled up into you… Even though after 10 minutes your arm is dead
- You rub my feet when you know i really need it
- You are open to trying new things with me, even when they are crazy
- You deal with the disaster our house becomes sometimes, because you know i was spending time with kids instead
- You know when i need to “clock out” at the end of the day for some alone time. SO even after a long day at work, you play with Emilee and Elijah so i can be alone for a while.
- You are made of baby sleep dust, and can put a baby to sleep faster than anything i’ve ever seen.
- You give up xbox, computer and man time, to let Emilee ride on your back, or blow raspberries on Eli’s belly.
- You brush my hair after a shower, no matter how “little kiddish” and girly it is, because you know it calms me, and brings me to a very happy, calm place
- When you get home from a long day at work, you still let Emilee pounce on you and have a full smile, even all dirty and tired.
- You deal with my obnoxious fear of driving, and have helped me almost overcome it completely
- And most importantly….
You let me be me.. With all my weird OCDs, crazy habits, and just overall weirdness…